Because I am taking some challenging classes, I decided to take a study period this year. I have it fourth period, so it’s right smack in the middle of the day. This year is my first time ever having a study period, so I’m going to list some pros and cons that I’ve come across so far.
- I don’t have anyone I’m close to in my study, and there are only five other people, so it’s generally really quiet. There aren’t a lot of distractions so I get quite a lot of work done.
- It’s very relaxing, and it’s nice to have a break from the chaos of the day.
- It’s one less class to have homework for, which is a very good thing considering I work two days a week after school.
- If I don’t have a lot of work to do (which doesn’t happen frequently, but sometimes) it can get pretty boring and monotonous.
- When I tell people I have a free period, they look at me like I’m about to drop out of high school. I want to scream: I TOOK 4 YEARS OF SCIENCE IN TWO, SO I HAVE EXTRA TIME. God, I hate stereotypes.
But really, I do like having a study. It’s really helpful in getting work done, especially for my AP class. Did you ever have a study in high school? Did you like it? What are your thoughts on study periods in general? Let me know in the comments section below!