It’s that time of the week again! Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by the lovelies at The Broke and the Bookish, and this week the theme is: Top Ten Books That Will Make You Cry. So get out your box of tissues and let’s begin! In no particular order, my picks are:
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.
- Looking for Alaska by John Green.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling.
- Light by Michael Grant.
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
- Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes.
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.
- Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer.
I don’t really read a lot of sad books, mainly because I don’t enjoy feeling all sad and depressed when I finish them. Basically, those are all of the books that made me feel sad or emotional when I read them. I won’t tell you why I found them sad, because that would definitely spoil most of the books on this list.
Do you enjoy reading sad books, or do you usually try to avoid them, like me? What are some of your favorite sad books? Let me know in the comments section below!