This post has been in my drafts folder for at least a month, and I just haven’t gotten around to finishing it until recently! I would like to thank Lois from You, Me and a Cup of Tea and Jordan from Young Adult Book Madness for nominating me for the Liebster Award. Both of these bloggers are amazing, and I urge you to check their great blogs out!
Here are the rules:
- Share which blogger(s) nominated you.
- Answer the ten questions they asked in their post.
- Nominate 11 bloggers of your choosing who have less than two hundred followers each.
- Ask eleven questions for your nominees to answer.
- Contact your nominees!
Since there were two bloggers that nominated me, I flipped a coin to decide whose questions to answer. It ended up landing on tails, which meant that I would answer Lois’ questions! So let’s get started!
- Who’s your favorite author? This is a really hard question to answer. There are so many authors that I have loved over the years, and each one holds a special place in my heart. I don’t think I can choose just one! So, my top five favorite authors are: John Green, J.K. Rowling, E.L. Konigsburg, J.R.R. Tolkien, and Melina Marchetta.
- What is your favorite book? Another challenging question! Again, I don’t think I can pick just one. My top five favorite books of all time (excluding Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, because those are obvious) would probably be Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta, Paper Towns by John Green, Looking for Alaska by John Green, Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley, The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, and The Outcasts of 19 Schuyler Place by E.L. Konigsburg.
- Why did you starting blogging? I started blogging a few years ago because I wanted a place to store my thoughts on all of the books I read. I also loved the idea of being able to discuss books with others who shared my same passion for literature.
- What is your favorite TV show? So many hard questions! It’s a tie between two BBC shows: Doctor Who and Sherlock. I seriously don’t think I could choose between them if I had to- I love them both so much!
- What is your favorite movie? Probably The Breakfast Club. It’s just an all-around feel good movie that I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of watching.
- What is your current school status? Right now I am in eleventh grade. So close to freedom.
- Peanut butter or nutella? Neither, actually. I am allergic to nuts, so I prefer to eat Sunbutter. It’s like peanut butter, only made with sunflower seeds instead. It’s SO GOOD.
- If you could go on your dream vacation and money was no object where would you go? Definitely England. I would love to walk the streets of London, poking around in cute little bookshops and sipping tea in a cozy cafe. I’ve always wanted to travel there, and hopefully someday I’ll be able to!
- If you could read a book for the first time again what would it be and why? If I could read a book for the first time again it would be Looking for Alaska by John Green. I accidentally spoiled this for myself the first time by seeing a spoiler when I checked the back pages of the book to see how many pages there were. So I basically knew the major plot twist of the story right from the beginning.
- What is your favorite book to movie adaptation? Besides Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, which are EXCELLENT film adaptations, I think my next favorite would have to be the Perks of Being a Wallflower. It’s one of the only movie adaptations that I think actually rivals the book!
- Do you like tea? ABSOLUTELY. I drink at least one mug of tea every day, and most days I drink two. I especially like green and Earl Grey tea.
Without further ado, I will now present my nominees for the Liebster Award!
- Books, I Love you.
- The Polished Page-Turner
- Read a Latte
- Bitten By The Lit Bug
- Bookmark For Your Dreams
- Deus vult
- Books, etc.
- Dewey Decimal’s Butler
- A Blast of Random
- A Study in Daydreams
All of these fantastic blogs have under two hundred subscribers, which I think is just crazy. Get out there and subscribe to them, people! They are all awesome! 🙂
My questions for them to answer are:
- What author have you read the most books by?
- Where is your favorite place to read?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- Coffee or tea?
- Chocolate or vanilla?
- If you had to choose only three books to bring with you to an empty island, which ones would they be?
- Which fictional character from a book would you most like to date?
- Who is your favorite actor? How about actress?
- What is your favorite season?
- Do you prefer to read paper books or electronic books on an ereader?
- Which book do you think is the most underrated?
Once again, thanks to the lovely bloggers who nominated me for this award!
Have a fantastic Friday, everyone!