Hello everyone! Once again it’s time for Top Ten Tuesday, which is a weekly bookish meme hosted by the lovely blog the Broke and the Bookish. This week the topic is Top Ten Favorite Classics. So, in no particular order:
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain.
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury.
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding.
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
- Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger.
- War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells.
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde.
While making this list I realized how few classics I have actually read! I’ll definitely be solving that problem soon, though, because this upcoming school year I’m taking AP English Literature and Composition. This means that I’ll be reading quite a few classics, and hopefully I’ll be inspired to read ones outside the classroom as well!
Have you read any of the classics on my list? What did you think of them? What are your favorite classics? Let me know in the comments section below!