Hello, friends! Welcome to another installment of Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the lovely blog The Broke and the Bookish! This week the topic is Top Ten Movies or TV Shows. I picked movies, mainly because there are more to choose from that I’ve seen. So, in no particular order:
1. Harry Potter. This one is pretty obvious, and rightly so. I feel like I have grown up alongside these actors and actresses, most notably the famous trio of Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Even though there were some parts from the books that were left out (understandably, because otherwise the movies would have been VERY long) they are nevertheless amazing adaptations of a truly remarkable series of novels.
2. Lord of the Rings. Again, this one is kind of obvious. These novels by J.R.R. Tolkien are epic on their own, but the movies take it that extra step. They help to clarify and often simplify what is happening between the pages, and have widened the audience of this content considerably over the years. These movies are masterpieces in themselves, and I believe that they will continue to be viewed and adored for years to come.
3. Star Trek/Star Trek: Into Darkness. Although I do love the original 1960s series, the newer Star Trek movies hold a special place in my heart. The casting is incredible, the special effects are great, and the plot lines themselves are fantastic. They may not be exactly like the original series, but the changes that have been made are good ones. Not to mention Benedict Cumberbatch as Khan.
4. Perks of Being a Wallflower. I thoroughly enjoyed this heart-wrenching novel by Stephen Chbosky, and personally I think that the movie adaptation is just as good as the book. Logan Lerman, Emma Watson, and Ezra Miller performed fabulously, transferring the overall tone of the novel from page to the big screen. If you’re in the mood for something that is both sad and funny, dark and light, then definitely watch this movie!
5. Inception. Are you ready to think? This movie can seem very confusing at first, but as it progresses it becomes easier to follow and understand. The plot and idea behind it are quite complex, but they are so interesting! Inception is suspenseful, action-packed, and emotional- what more could you ask for? The acting is excellent as well, as it stars Leonardo DiCaprio.
6. Man of Steel. Not a fan of superhero movies? Well, you will be after seeing this movie! It’s filled with action, suspense, and some seriously great acting. Not to mention Henry Cavill as Superman, who manages to use an American accent throughout the entire movie despite the fact that he’s British. Impressed? Believe me, you haven’t seen anything yet!
7. The Breakfast Club. Simply the mere mention of this movie is enough to make me smile. It may have first been released in the 1980s, but it’s as relevant today as it was back then. This movie is funny, easy to relate to, and is sure to pull at all of those heart-strings of yours. This is perfect for a movie night with the friends, especially as the upcoming school year approaches.
8. The Fault in Our Stars. I’m sure this is another one that doesn’t need much explaining. This movie adaptation of The Fault in Our Stars by John Green completely blew me away. I could not believe how much I enjoyed it, considering how particular I usually am about movie adaptations and what they leave out/include from the original novel. I thought they handled the tone of the story beautifully, and the acting was just incredible. A definite must-see!
9. Elf. This list would definitely not be complete without this fantastic movie. My family and I watch this movie every single year around Christmas time, and it never gets old. I love the music, the acting, the story, the setting- EVERYTHING ABOUT IT. If you’re looking for something to make you laugh during the holiday season, be sure to check this one out!
10. Amazing Spiderman 2. Okay, I’ll admit it- I’ve never seen the first Amazing Spiderman movie. *gasp* I know. But that doesn’t mean that this was any less enjoyable! Andrew Garfield truly is an amazing Spiderman (get it? ha) and the end of this movie completely ripped my heart out. Just a warning in advance. But it’s definitely worth watching for any superhero fan!
What are your favorite movies? What are your thoughts on the ones I have chosen? Let me know in the comments section below!