Hiya there! Welcome to another week of Top Ten Tuesday, a bookish meme hosted by the lovely blog the Broke and the Bookish. This week, the theme is Top Ten Characters I’d Want With Me On A Deserted Island. I picked my characters for a number of different reasons, which I will explain to you. So, in no particular order:
1. Harry Potter from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. I mean, he’s a wizard. What more could you want?
2. Four from Divergent by Veronica Roth. I feel like Four has some awesome survival skills, especially since he’s so strong and clever.
3. Tarver Merendsen from These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner. This guy is the definition of survival instincts. I’d definitely live to tell the tale with him around!
4. Galen from Of Poseidon by Anna Banks. He’s a Syrena (basically a mermaid) and one of the fastest swimmers around. He could speed over to the nearest landmass and reach help in a jiffy!
5. Reagan from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. Reagan would be an awesome BFF to have on a deserted island. She’s edgy and fun, but also loyal and kind-hearted.
6. Legolas from The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien. This is kind of a given. He’s an elf, which means he could totally protect me with his killer archery skills. And again, HE’S AN ELF.
7. Isabelle Lightwood from City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. Izzy is completely bad-ass with her Shadowhunter abilities, so we’d have no trouble surviving on a deserted island together.
8. Hazel’s mom from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Hazel’s mom is super sweet and caring. You never know when you might need a loving hug!
9. Ender from Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card. With Ender’s terrific strategic skills, we’d be off that deserted island in no time.
10. Etienne St. Clair from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. Because everyone needs an amazing fictional boyfriend on an island, right?
What character’s would you want with you on a deserted island? Let me know in the comments section below!