Hi there everyone! I am so excited to bring to you the Book Blogging Test Tag! A huge thanks to For the Love of the Page for tagging me- definitely go check out her blog! It’s awesome!
So, without further ado, let’s get rolling!
1. What are your top three book pet peeves?
- I hate when I find typos in books. I’m always like, “Is that ‘to’ instead of ‘too’? DID AN EDITOR EVEN READ THIS?
- Stains in library books. Just ew.
- When people put covers over their books so you can’t see what it is. Be proud of what you’re reading, people!!
2. Describe your perfect reading spot.
Outside on a sunny day when there is a crisp breeze. Basically August.
3. Tell us three book confessions.
- I always have to know how many pages are in a book while I’m reading it. I don’t know why, but I’ve always had this little quirk. I just like knowing how far I have to go, I guess.
- Whenever I use sticky notes to mark pages in books I always color-coordinate them with the front cover.
- I judge books by their covers. There. I said it.
4. When was the last time you cried during a book?
Funny story, actually. I’ve never cried while reading a book. I know, I know, but it’s not what it looks like- really, I have a heart! I do feel emotional and often tear up while I read, but I’ve never had tears rolling down my face because of a book. I wish I was that kind of really emotional reader, but for some reason I’m just not.
5. How many books are on your bedside table?
At the moment, two. I always have something I’m reading for fun, and then I usually have a book I’m reading for school. That’s the case right now.
6. What is your favorite snack while you’re reading?
I tend not to eat while I’m reading because I find it hard to focus on eating food and reading a book at the same time. However, I do love to drink hot tea while I read, even if it’s in the summertime. Every season is tea season!
7. Name three books/series you would recommend to everyone.
So apart from the obvious (Harry Potter, anything by John Green, etc.) I’m going to have to go with:
- Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
- Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
8. Show us a picture of your favorite shelf on your bookcase.
This shelf has my John Green books, my favorite stand-alones, my signed copy of BZRK by Michael Grant, and my gorgeous copy of Little Women.
9. Write how much books mean to you in just three words.
They mean everything.
10. What is your biggest reading secret?
I feel lost when I go somewhere without a book. Even to school, where I probably won’t have time to read it.
There you have it! I tag anyone who wants to answer these fun questions!!
What are your answers to these questions? Do you agree with any of mine? Let me know in the comments section below!