Happy Friday, everyone! I was recently lucky enough to be nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Zoe of Glittering Eyes, whose blog I came across as part of the Her Campus Blogger Network. Definitely check out her blog- it’s really well done, and she takes such gorgeous pictures. Thanks so much for nominating me, Zoe!
As I was writing this post I realized that I had no idea what “liebster” actually means. So get out those pencils, everyone- it’s time for a lesson! According to my research, “liebster” is German for sweetheart, beloved, dearest, darling, etc. How cute!! I love this a million times more now! ❤
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog!
2. Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this amazing award.
3. Answer the 11 questions from the blog who nominated you.
4. Give your readers 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Come up with 11 questions for your nominees!
My Answers to Zoe’s Questions:
1. What are three things that are currently inspiring you?
Blank notebooks waiting to be filled with ink, fresh snowfall in the morning, and steaming mugs of tea.
2. If you could do one thing for the rest of your life, what would you do?
Write. Write everything and anything, anytime and anyplace.
3. Favorite nail polish color?
I really like turquoise/teal (basically the background color of this blog) but I also like light purple, silver, and those special nail polishes with clear coats of sparkles in them.
4. If you could thank anyone in your life, who would it be, and what would you thank them for?
I would thank the few really amazing teachers that I’ve had, because they have made such a huge impact on me.
5. If you could say one thing to your future self, what would you say?
RELAX! Put down any work you might be doing and go out there and HAVE FUN. Life is too short for your nose to be stuck in a textbook 24/7!!
6. Favorite class in college?
I’m not in college yet (I’m currently a senior in high school- so close!) but my favorite class right now is definitely AP English. The subject itself is great, and my teacher is fantastic!
7. What is one thing that you wish you knew how to do?
Speak another language fluently. Hopefully someday!
8. Who is your favorite blogger/what is your favorite blog?
Sneaky, sneaky! I could never pick a favorite blogger/blog- I love them all so much!
9. What was the hardest decision you’ve ever had to make?
A few years ago I decided that I just couldn’t be friends with this one person anymore. This person was adding an incredible amount of negativity to my life, and eventually I decided that I couldn’t take it anymore. I respectfully told them that I didn’t want to be friends with them anymore- needless to say, that was extremely hard to do! Although I have a feeling that choosing what college to go to in a few months is going to be SOOO hard.
10. If you could have a meal with any famous person – living or dead – who would it be and what would you eat?
I would eat macaroni and cheese with Charles Dickens- because why not??
11. What is one thing that never fails to make you smile?
Comments from you all! I love reading comments, and I HUGELY appreciate the time that you take to read what I have to say and write thoughts of your own. 🙂
11 Facts About Me:
1. I am planning on studying a mix of professional writing, Spanish, and legal studies in college.
2. I own 6 pairs of Converse- I might be a bit obsessed!
3. I’ve never gone skiing or snowboarding, which are almost universal hobbies here in New England.
4. I work in my local public library as a page, which I adore!
5. I might be allergic to fish???? (Hopefully not, I still have to be tested again.)
6. As of right now, my goal is become an attorney someday.
7. I have played the violin since third grade.
8. I LOVE LOVE LOVE pizza, mushrooms, and macaroni and cheese.
9. The majority of my socks are argyle patterned.
10. I just recently worked up the courage to get my second earring hole pierced. I definitely should have done it sooner- I love it so much, and it didn’t hurt at all to get it done!
11. A few weeks ago I got a Macbook Pro (my first Mac ever!) and I AM COMPLETELY IN LOVE WITH IT. 🙂
Honestly, I had such a great time answering Zoe’s questions that I’m just going to pass along hers!
Spreading the love onto 11 fabulous blogs that I have recently stumbled upon. Check them out!
- Mahima @ All Things Wordy
- Cristina @ Girl in the Pages
- Alyssa J. Freitas
- Tracy @ Cornerfolds
- Danielle @ Bending Over Bookwards
- Chrissi @ Chrissi Reads
- Laura @ No More Than Books
- Lily @ Lily’s Book Blog
- Farah @ Passionate for Paperbacks
- Books, Tea and a Onesie
- Lauren & Megan @ YABookers
Whew! That sure was a long post! Thanks again to Zoe for nominating me, as well as to anyone and everyone who reads this little blog of mine- hugs to all of you! ❤