Happy Saturday everyone! I’m very excited to announce that I’ll be taking part in the 2015 Book Blogger Love-A-Thon hosted by Alexa Loves Books. Check out her blog for more information about this awesome event!
First on the agenda is to answer the official questionnaire. So let’s get started!
1. What’s your name?
Holly, like the berry. A lot of people think that I was born in December because of my name but I actually was born in November!
2. Where in the world are you blogging from?
New Hampshire, USA.
3. How did you get into blogging in the first place?
I started blogging in eighth grade (5 years ago! Time flies!) because I wanted a way to practice my writing skills as well as to document my thoughts on books I read. It wasn’t until I switched to WordPress a few years in that Nut Free Nerd became what it is today.
4. How did you come up with your blog name?
I’ve had a severe nut allergy my entire life, and I am a nerd. Thus, Nut Free Nerd was born!
5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?
I used to read mostly Young Adult fiction, but I’ve noticed a pretty significant shift in my reading preferences over the course of the last year or so. Now it’s mostly a mix of YA, literary fiction, classics, and any other writing that sparks my interest.
6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?
Discussions, memes (Top Ten Tuesday, WWW Wednesday, Quote of the Week), and anything generally bookish or nerdy.
7. Best blogging experience so far?
Recently there has been an increase in the number of comments people write on my posts, and I’ve had so much fun reading and responding to what you all have to say. I appreciate each and every comment, and I am so grateful to those who take time out of their day to jot me a note! ❤
8. Favorite thing about the blogging community?
The support! Everyone is so kind and supportive. The book blogging community is just so lovely!
9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2015!
- Stiletto by Daniel O’Malley
- Half Wild by Sally Green
- Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman
- Magnolia by Maria Dahvana Headley
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
10. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
11. Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?
Hermione Granger, for obvious bookish reasons.
12. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
Writing, knitting, crafting, hiking, playing the violin, and fangirling over countless fandoms. (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Star Trek, The Office, the Avengers, etc.)
13. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
Clothes, shoes, yarn (for knitting), notebooks/journals, and ROOM DECOR. I could shop for decorations for hours.
14. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song
would be playing?
My most recent favorite song is Avalanche by WALK THE MOON. It’s AMAZING.
15. Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV
show you want turned into a book.
I would love to see The Rook by Daniel O’Malley turned into a movie- it’s such a cool story!
What are your answers to these questions? What do you think about mine? Let me know in the comments section below!