Hi, everyone! I hope you’ve had a lovely month of May and that you’ve discovered some new favorites or continued on loving your old ones. This month was crazy busy for me- I feel like I say that every month, but this time I really mean it! Because of everything that went on this month I have plenty of new favorites to share.
I’ve decided to try something a little different this month to see how it goes. In the past I’ve just listed random things I’ve enjoyed, but this time I’m going to try to be more organized about it. I’ve separated my favorites into different categories, so let’s get started!
- “Hallelujah” by Panic! At the Disco: If you’re looking for something to jam out to as you go on summer drives, then this is the tune for you! It’s upbeat, catchy, and perfect for blasting through speakers.
- “Bright” by Echosmith: This song is mellow, adorable, and has such clever lyrics! I haven’t listened to a lot of Echosmith’s music, but this song definitely puts them on my radar.
- “Still Want You” by Brandon Flowers: The Killers have always had their place in my music library, so when I saw that Brandon Flowers (the lead singer) was releasing a solo album I knew I would have to give it a go. I haven’t gotten around to listening to the entire album yet, but this is my favorite song so far. I can’t help but dance whenever I hear it!
AGE OF ULTRON!!!!!
This is by far my favorite movie of the month. Not only is it a great second installment in the Avengers series, but it is also really hilarious and well written! There is a lot of interesting character development, clever twists, and new characters that add depth and diversity to the Avengers. I need to write a full review of it, but for now just trust me and go see it if you haven’t yet!!
My favorite Avenger in this was Captain America- but then again, he’s always my favorite Avenger.
- Kayaking: After prom my friends and I went up to one of my friend’s lake house and spent the weekend enjoying the wonderful weather outdoors. We spent a lot of time kayaking up and down the lake, and I had a fantastic time! I’ve been kayaking several times before, but it’s been a while and I had forgotten how much I enjoy it.
- Reading Outside: The weather has been so nice lately, and I’ve taken full advantage of it by reading outside. At home I read on my side porch and soak up the sun, and at school I sit at the tables in the senior courtyard during my free periods and read. (Well, I mostly do homework and study. But every once in a while I get to sneak in a few pages!)
How do you like this new format of doing reviews? Are there any other categories you’d be interesting in seeing in the future? What are your May favorites? Let me know in the comments section below!