What a strange month this was! It’s the summer before I go to college for the first time, so I’m sort of stuck in that awkward transition between being a high school and college student. July has been filled with a lot of hanging out with family, relaxing, and getting super excited for college! Here are some of my favorite things from July:
- “Young Volcanoes” by Fall Out Boy: This is a great summer song that I stumbled upon a few weeks ago. It’s awesome for jamming along to in the car!
- “Summer Love” by Justin Timberlake: I’ve always had a love for Justin Timberlake, but lately I’m been on a Timberlake kick. This song is one of my favorites at the moment- and appropriately so, because it’s perfect for the summer!
- The DUFF: I watched The Duff earlier this month and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. It’s a fun, quirky movie with a really important message behind it. In case you missed my review of it, you can check it out by clicking here.
- Lost: I listed this last month as well, but I just couldn’t make July’s list without it! This show keeps getting better and better with each episode, and even though I have absolutely no idea where it’s going I still adore it. If you want to keep up to date with my thoughts about Lost, you can follow me on Twitter @peanutfreeisme for updates with #hollywatcheslost.
- Following @PopularPugs on Twitter: I love pugs!! I’ve always wanted one, but I know they tend to have some health issues so my parents have never obliged. Instead, I found this fantastically adorable Twitter called @PopularPugs which tweets only pictures of the cute little buggers. I mean, isn’t it just ADORABLE?
- Lighting Sparklers: On the Fourth of July my friends and I lit sparklers, and it was so much fun! It’s a teensy bit scary when the flame gets closer and the sparks start flying just inches away from your hands, but it’s worth the risk! They look so pretty, especially at night.
- Mini Golfing: I went mini golfing for the very first time this month, and it was so much fun! I’m pretty terrible at it and had no beginner’s luck whatsoever, but I had a blast doing it. There’s a course not too far away from my house, so I’ll have to go more often now!
- Guacamole: If you have never tried guacamole, you MUST. Oh my golly goodness, it’s AMAZING. It’s so easy to make, too- all you need are some avocados, salt, maybe some lime juice, and any other extra things you want to add it. Mash and mix it all together, and BAM you’ve got a bowl of tasty, delicious guac. Yum!
What are some of your June Favorites? What do you think of mine? Let me know in the comments section below!
Leave a Reply