Thanks so much to the lovely Emma @ Emma’s Bookery for nominating me! Emma is so wonderfully sweet- definitely check out her blog if don’t already follow it! Now, on with the post!
I’m still reading Don’t Know Much About History by Kenneth C. Davis. I’m enjoying it, it’s just taking me a while to read because it’s pretty lengthy and I keep getting distracted by other books. I’m determined to finish it soon, though!
I would be Jane from Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. She doesn’t have the easiest or simplest life, but she’s so genuinely happy at the end of the story! She makes the best of every situation, and I would love to have that same sense of optimism and independence.
3. Choose a superpower and why you want that power.
I always find this question really hard to answer, because I feel like there are aspects of many super powers that I wouldn’t like. For example, I would like to have a photographic memory (if that counts as a super power?) but I bet there are some things that I definitely wouldn’t want to remember. The best one I can think of would be to be able to understand all languages. It would be so helpful!!
4. Favorite setting for a book?
Boarding schools. It sounds weird, but there’s something about boarding school books that I just love! *cough* Jellicoe Road, Looking for Alaska, HARRY POTTER *cough*
5. Name five books you want to read but keep putting off.
- Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee
- Wild by Cheryl Strayed
- A God in Ruins by Kate Atkinson
- A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
6. What genre is your favorite and why?
This is a really difficult question for me to answer, because I read so many books from a bunch of different genres! I think I’ll have to say classic literature, though, because a lot of my favorite books ever have been classics. (I’m looking at you, Great Expectations, The Great Gatsby, and Jane Eyre!!!)
7. What do you have planned for summer?
Seeing as summer is almost over, most of my plans have already come and gone! For the rest of the summer I plan to simply enjoy relaxing at home before I go off to college- and pack, of course!
8. Favorite TV shows?
The Office. Doctor Who. Sherlock. Lost. Star Trek (the original series). Parks and Recreation. The list goes on!!
9. What’s your opinion on ebooks?
I like ebooks for their convenience, especially when I’m traveling or don’t want to carry around a heavier book. Although I do prefer to read paper books, I do read the occasion ebook if I can download it for free or buy it for a low price.
10. Snog, Marry, Avoid? Harry Potter, Neville Longbottom, Draco Malfoy.
Oh, wow. Hmmm….
After much deliberation, I have finally decided that I would snog Harry, marry Neville, and avoid Draco. I mean, have you seen Neville in the last movie?
I nominate these fabulous bloggers:
1. What word do you find the most difficult to spell?
2. What celebrity do you most want to meet?
3. What is your favorite season?
4. Do you prefer oceans, lakes, rivers, or pools?
5. What is the best class you have taken in school? (High school, college, or otherwise)
6. Who is your biggest idol?
7. What is your favorite song at the moment?
8. What is your ideal length of a book?
9. Do you like writing the traditional way (paper and pens) or with technology (computer, etc.)?
10. What book are you currently reading?
Thanks again to Emma for nominating me, and I can’t wait to see everyone’s responses!
Have a great day!