The Blogger Recognition Award was originally posted on the blog Edge of Night in order to recognize bloggers that we admire. I’d like to give a big shout-out and thank you to Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense and Safa @ Books Over People for nominating me! Awards like this one never fail to put a smile on my face, and I truly appreciate each and every one for which I’m nominated. I’ve never heard of this award before, which makes this one even more fun!
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
- Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
I first started blogging back in eighth grade (five years ago!) with a blog hosted by blogger. It was originally called Me Gusta Leer, because at the time (as I am still currently) I was really into learning Spanish. I basically only posted book reviews and the occasional random discussion post about Spanish or bookish topics, but it was very simple.
Later I wanted to rename my blog, so I came up with the title Nut Free Nerd. I liked its alliteration and the way it encompasses something more about me personally- the fact that I’m allergic to nuts. My original blog titled Nut Free Nerd still exists on the internet, and you can click here if you’d like to check it out. (It’s a tad embarrassing- oh, that awful design!)
On December 9, 2012, I decided to start a new blog with a different blogging platform. I started from scratch on WordPress, and thus, Nut Free Nerd as it exists today was born! As I began to follow more and more blogs, I gradually increased the amount I post as well as the quality of my content. The WordPress platform helped me connect with other book bloggers and made me realize just how wonderful the book blogging community is! My talented brother created the logo I use today (thanks!), and I have now fully embraced my inner blogger. 🙂
In no particular order, my nominations are: