I was lucky enough to be nominated for the Liebster Award by Brigid @ Brigid Writes Things. Thanks so much, Brigid! Definitely go check out her blog!
3. Nominate 11 bloggers.
4. Think of 11 questions to ask the bloggers you have nominated.
5. Let them know you’ve nominated them through social media or their blog.
- The Girl by City and Colour
- Broken Crown by Mumford & Sons
- Quesadilla by Walk the Moon
- Superman by Taylor Swift
- Let It Go by James Bay
3. What’s something you did in 2015 that you’re proud of?
I GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL!!!
4. What’s one thing you hope to accomplish in 2016?
In 2016 I hope to go hiking more often. I used to go hiking a lot during the summertime, but recently I haven’t gone as much as I’d like.
5. Do you enjoy going to concerts? If so, what was the last one you went to.
YES. I haven’t been to nearly enough of them, but the ones I have been to I’ve absolutely loved. The last one I went to was the weekend after Thanksgiving when my mom and I saw the Trans-Siberian Orchestra perform like we do every year. (It was my seventh time seeing them!) THEY’RE AMAZING. We got front row seats for the second year in a row and it was by far the best TSO concert I’ve ever been to– I was even given a guitar pick by the new guitarist, Bill Hudson! If you’ve never seen TSO in concert before, you should definitely add it to your bucket list!
6. What is one of your favorite quotes?
“I go to seek a Great Perhaps.” ~ Francois Rabelais
I first read this quote in John Green’s novel Looking for Alaska years ago and it has stuck with me ever since. In fact, I love it so much that I used it as my senior quote in my high school yearbook! I just love its simplicity and how it can be interpreted in so many different ways.
7. What is the weirdest food you like?
SO MANY people have told me that I’m weird for liking mushrooms. And asparagus. And cauliflower. And steamed vegetables in general. I’m definitely more of a vegetable person than a fruit person!
8. What book has made you cry the hardest?
I actually haven’t really sobbed while reading a book before. However, I did get really teary eyed while reading John Green’s The Fault in Our Stars, as one would expect.
9. What was the best day of your life?
WHOA we’re getting deep here. I honestly don’t know if I can answer this question with just one day. There are a bunch of days that stand out to me, but not one that is necessarily above the rest.
10. What fictional world would you love to live in (or at least spend some time in)?
Definitely the magical world in Harry Potter!
11. If you could meet any author (living or dead), who would it be?
SO MANY CHOICES. Probably John Green, because his books had such a big influence on me in middle and high school. Plus, he seems like such a funny and kind person!
- The Orang-utan Librarian
- Lashaan & Trang @ Bookidote
- Heather @ Bits & Books
- Jillian @ A Room of One’s Own
- Jenna @ Reading with Jenna
- Maren @ The Worn Bookmark
- The Paper Ship
- Ayunda @ Tea & Paperbacks
- Kat @ Life and Other Disasters
- Amy @ Book Enthral
- Kate @ Ravings of a Dead Poet
Am I going to be that person who uses the same questions they just answered to pass on to my nominations? Indeed I am! Brigid’s questions are great, so I’m going to ask the bloggers I nominated to answer them, too!
- Put your music on shuffle. What are the first five songs that come up?
- What’s the last thing that made you laugh really hard?
- What’s something you did in 2015 that you’re proud of?
- What’s one thing you hope to accomplish in 2016?
- Do you enjoy going to concerts? If so, what was the last one you went to?
- What is one of your favorite quotes?
- What is the weirdest food you like?
- What book has made you cry the hardest?
- What was the best day of your life?
- What fictional world would you love to live in (or at least spend some time in)?
- If you could meet any author (living or dead), who would it be?
Another huge thanks to Brigid for nominating me!
What are your answers to any of these questions? Let me know in the comments section below!