Happy Tuesday! This week’s Top Ten Tuesday theme is a very interesting one: going outside of your comfort zone, or the genre that you typically read. For me, I’m always most hesitant about reading plays because I tend to a) either have a hard time reading them (I’m looking at you, Shakespeare) or b) not enjoy them as much as novels. In the spirit of busting out of my comfort zone, here are ten plays that I have recently read:
- Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
- King Lear by William Shakespeare
- Macbeth by William Shakespeare
- Hamlet by William Shakespeare
- Galileo by Bertolt Brecht
- Our Town by Thornton Wilder
- The Crucible by Arthur Miller
- Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller
- Antigone by Sophocles
- Oedipus Rex by Sophocles
The majority of these have been assigned reading for my classes over the years. My favorite of these by far is Our Town– that play is just so beautiful!
What are your favorite plays? Any recommendations? What do you think of the ones on my list? Let me know in the comments section below!