Happy Friday, everyone! I hope you’re all having a wonderful day! I’m a little late with posting this (I was nominated in July) but better late than never, right? Thanks so much to the lovely Megan @ Tables of Content for nominating me! Definitely go check out her blog if you haven’t already. She’s so kind and her nomination made my day! ❤
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the eleven questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate eleven blogs to receive the award and write them eleven new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
1. What city/country would you like to travel to next?
Fun fact: I’ve never traveled outside of the United States. I don’t even have a passport! However, I’m hoping to study abroad during my junior year of college in either England or Spain.
Right now the only book on my nightstand is the one I’m currently reading: A Little History of Literature by John Sutherland. So far I’m absolutely loving it. It’s every literature lover’s dream!
3. What do you find most rewarding about blogging?
For me, the most rewarding part of blogging is definitely talking with and getting to know others in this lovely bookish community. Whether it’s through blog comments, Twitter, or even email, I truly enjoy chatting with all of you!
4. Any advice to new bloggers?
I’m certainly not a blogging expert by any stretch of the imagination, so I would love to know your answers to this question as well. At any rate, my blogging advice is simple: do it because you love it. Otherwise, it’s easy for blogging to feel like a chore at times. If you love it, though, then blogging becomes that much better!
5. What is the craziest/wildest/most adventurous trip or journey you’ve taken?
I’m not the most adventurous person in the world, so I don’t have many wild stories to share. The most adventurous trips I’ve taken are probably the many hiking trips I’ve been on over the years. One time I camped in Baxter State Park in Maine and hiked a few mountains around there, and to this day it is one of my favorite places I’ve ever been. It’s absolutely gorgeous!
6. Three songs you always have on your travel playlist?
Whenever I go on long road trips with my family, I inevitably end up listening to these three songs at some point: Ribs by Lorde, Anna Sun by Walk the Moon, and Hopeless Wanderer by Mumford & Sons.
I wouldn’t say that I’m necessarily embarrassed to not have read certain books, but there are definitely many that I need to read as soon as possible. A few that come to mind are The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater, Little Women by Louisa May Alcott, and Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. (But seriously, there are SO MANY MORE that I could list!)
8. Do you have or want any pets?
DO I. Currently I have three days, which is the most my family has ever had at one time> Melody is a mutt who we adopted when I was in kindergarten, Abby is a miniature dachshund who is very nervous, and Eddie is a friendly chug (a chihuahua pug mix!) who we adopted this past April. Needless to say, my house is pretty crowded with furry friends!
9. What are your favorite types of blog posts to write?
Even though I never manage to keep up with creating them, I think my favorite posts to write are book reviews. They take a while to finish but I feel so accomplished when I do. Also, I love seeing the response they get and learning about whether or not others had similar thoughts on that particular work. Book reviews are very rewarding posts (both personally and in terms of community engagement), which is why I love to write them.
10. Are you a planner or a spontaneous traveler?
I’m a planner when it comes to nearly everything, including traveling. I love to make schedules so I know well in advanced where we’re going and at what time. I also tend to do a lot of research about the place before I travel there, particularly regarding restaurants due to my nut allergy. It just makes the entire trip so much easier when you know where you’re going ahead of time.
11. Is the glass half full or half empty?
Sometimes I can be a bit of a pessimist (can’t we all?) but I’m going to say half full for this one because it’s what I try to remind myself every day. There are so many reasons to smile, even when you feel blue!
I’ve decided to include the two themes of this award in my questions: blogging and sunshine!
- What’s your biggest source of motivation when it comes to blogging?
- What inspires you?
- Out of all of your posts, which one is your favorite?
- Do you stick to a blogging schedule or do you prefer to post spontaneously?
- How did you come up with your blog’s name?
- What’s one of your biggest blogging pet peeves?
- Any blogging advice?
- Do you prefer sunny or rainy days?
- Favorite pair of sunglasses?
- What’s your ideal way to spend a sunny summer day?
- Favorite song with “sun” in the title?
I’m nominating 11 blogs that I recently followed. Definitely check these great blogs out!
- Olivia @ Heir of Glitter
- Ashleigh @ A Frolic Through Fiction
- Sarah @ Reviews & Read-a-Thons
- Ola @ Ola Reads Books
- Nagina @ Oh Bookish
- Alisha @ Alisha’s Words of Wonder
- Laura @ Life is a Book Blog
- Eliza @ Bookaholic
- Olivia @ Olivia Chanel
- Emmy @ Fictionaire
- Georgia @ Books & Other Miracles
Thanks again to Megan for nominating me!! ❤
What are your answers to these questions? What do you think of mine? What blogging advice do YOU have? Let me know in the comments section below!