Hello, hello!! I’m super excited about today’s tag because it was actually created by my awesome friend Christina @ The Penniless Optimist. She often talks about her “happy videos,” or the videos that she watches whenever she needs a bit of a pick-me-up. As a way to spread some smiles she decided to make this Happy Videos Tag, which I think is such a fun idea. ❤
- Create a playlist of videos that make you happy
- Profile ten of those videos in a blog post
- Embed your complete happy videos playlist at the end of your blog post (it doesn’t have to be only ten videos long)
- Tag someone else to make their own!
In no particular order, some of my happy videos are:
1. Looking for Alaska at My High School by John Green of the Vlogbrothers
This one is definitely an oldie but a goodie. I love John Green’s debut novel Looking for Alaska, so I was ecstatic when he made this video explaining the connections between the fictional boarding school in the book and the one he attended in real life.
2. Literally any video by Ariel Bissett
Ariel Bissett has been my favorite booktuber for years. She’s funny, brilliant, and has excellent tastes in books. I’m not joking when I say that I do a little happy dance every time I see that she has uploaded a video!
3. Company is Coming by Chris Fleming
THIS. VIDEO. If you ever need a chuckle then do yourself a favor and go straight to watching this hilarious Gayle clip. Not only will it make your sides hurt from laughing so hard, but it’s also SO RELATABLE.
4. Miscast 2015: “Cell Block Tango” from “Chicago”
I owe Christina (who tagged me for this tag!) a million boxes of macaroni and cheese for showing me this amazing video. Even if you’ve never seen Chicago before (which you should definitely watch!!) this is still worth seeing.
5. Jonathan Groff Performs “Anything Goes”
This video encompasses two things I love very much: tap dancing and Jonathan Groff. I also owe Christina for showing me this one as well. ❤
6. A Very Potter Sequel Act 1 Part 6
THIS. VIDEO. Like the previously mentioned Gayle clip, this specific scene of A Very Potter Sequel always cracks me up. I literally can’t get through it without bursting into tears from laughing to hard!! All of these musicals in general are HILARIOUS but this scene in particular is absolute gold.
7. Moral of the Story by Watsky
I’m sure you’re all pretty tired of hearing me talk about how much I love Watsky’s music, but that’s not going to stop me from talking about it even more. This music video has just the right amount of cringy cheesiness.
8. The Schuyler Georges
This video is yet another reason why Jonathan Groff is amazing.
9. All videos from this dance studio.
I’ve watched SO MANY dance videos from this particular studio. The choreography is always awesome and they allow me to vicariously live my dream of being a professional dancer (if you know me, you know this is impossible because I’m #awkward one hundred percent of the time).
10. Any video by ThatMatt (AKA my brother!)
My super talented brother has a Youtube channel! I especially love watching his videos when I’m living on campus because they remind me of home ❤ Definitely check out his channel!
- Julianna @ Blots of Ink and Words
- Anj @ Seaweed Books
- May @ Forever and Everly
- Lois @ My Midnight Musing
- Richard @ The Humpo Show
- Cath @ Bookish Smaug
- Jackie @ Too Much of a Book Nerd
Thanks so much to Christina for tagging me!! ❤
Have you ever watched any of these videos? What videos do you watch when you need a little extra cheer? Let me know in the comments section below!