I’ve been in England for a few days now (eek!). What better way to celebrate with a quintessentially British series like Harry Potter? I was thrilled when I realized that I had been tagged in such a fun (and long!) tag about this beloved wizarding world. Thanks so much to Bridget @ Bridget & Books for tagging me!!
Definitely Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. It’s dark, mysterious, and you learn so much about Tom Riddle’s past. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve gone back and reread this book!
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. This book is incredibly predictable– I felt as though I knew the entire plot the moment they mentioned there would be a tournament. (Harry would have to be part of it, of course!)
3. Favorite movie?
I’m a huge fan of the sixth movie because I love the book so much, but I also adore Chamber of Secrets. The trio is so young and adorable!!
4. Least favorite movie?
Goblet of Fire. It feels like such a transitional movie to me, almost as though its sole purpose is to bridge the gap between three and five in any way possible.
5. Favorite quote?
“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”
6. Favorite Weasley?
Okay, this is really difficult. Though I love them all dearly, I think I’m going to have to say that my favorite Weasley is Arthur. I feel like he’s such an important father figure for Harry and he has so many hilarious lines.
7. Favorite female character?
Definitely Hermione. She was such a role model for me growing up as a nerdy, school-loving bookworm.
8. Favorite villain?
TOM RIDDLE. I think learning about Voldemort’s past as Tom Riddle is absolutely fascinating, which is a huge reason why I love the sixth book so much.
9. Favorite male character?
Remus Lupin. If I could have an entire book written about the past of only one Harry Potter character, I would definitely choose Lupin. He’s so interesting and plays an immensely important role in shaping Harry.
10. Favorite professor?
Besides Lupin, I’d say that my favorite professor is McGonagall. Who doesn’t love this brilliant, courageous, strong, compassionate witch?
11. A, Wash Snape’s hair, or B, spend a day listening to Lockhart rant about himself.
Wash Snape’s hair– it’s quick and relatively painless.
12. A, duel an elated Bellatrix, or B, an angry Molly
Hmm…. probably an angry Molly because Bellatrix is absolutely terrifying.
13. Travel to Hogwarts via A. Hogwarts Express or B. flying car.
Hogwarts Express!! (Mostly because I want to know what walking through platform pole feels like…)
14. A, Kiss Voldemort. Or B, give Umbridge a bubble bath.
This is going to sound so strange, but I think I would rather kiss Voldemort. It would be so much quicker than giving Umbridge a bubble bath!
15. A, ride a hippogriff, B, ride a firebolt
I would rather ride a Firebolt because I’ve always wanted to know what it feels like to fly on a broom.
I think I disliked Umbridge even more in the movies than in the books, if that’s possible.
17. Is there a movie you preferred instead of the book?
18. Richard Harris or Michael Gambon as Dumbledore?
Richard Harris. He’ll always be the best Dumbledore in my eyes.
19. Your top thing (person or event) which wasn’t included in the movie that annoyed you most.
PEEVES. Why would they ever leave out such a hilarious characters as Peeves?!?!?!
20. If you could remake any of the Potter movies, which would it be?
Probably the fourth one because it’s my least favorite.
21. Which house was your first gut feeling you’d be a part of?
Ravenclaw. Now I feel as though I might be a mix between Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff, though I think the former will always be the most dominant house in me.
22. Which house were you actually sorted into on Pottermore (or another online sorting quiz)?
Gryffindor, which I never expected. Maybe I’ve been wrong about my house the whole time???
23. Which class would be your favorite?
I have a feeling I would be that one student who loves History of Magic. I think the history of Hogwarts is so interesting!!
24. Which spell do you think would be most useful to learn?
25. Which character do you think at Hogwarts you’d instantly become best friends with?
Ideally, Hermione and I would be great pals. I feel like we have a lot in common– at the very least, we could spend a lot of time studying together!
26. If you could own one of the three Hallows, which would it be?
The Cloak of Invisibility!! Just think of all the cool things you could do with it…
27. Is there any aspect of the books you’d want to change? This can be a character, an event, anything.
I would change Harry’s relationship with Ginny. It seemed really sudden and almost forced to me in the books, as though they were the only two characters left that weren’t already paired up so Rowling just stuck them together. I would love to see their relationship develop more.
28. Favorite marauder?
29. If you could bring one character back to life, which would it be?
This has to be the most difficult question ever. My gut response is to bring back Snape because I feel as though there is so much left of his story to tell.
30. Hallows or horcruxes?
Definitely hallows! Horcruxes are just plain creepy.
- Alex @ Coffeeloving Bookoholic
- Amber @ The Literary Phoenix
- Em @ Keystroke Blog
- Destiny @ Howling Libraries
- Theresa @ The Calico Books
- and YOU!
What are your answers to these questions? What HP book is your favorite? Let me know in the comments section below!