Hello, hello! It’s time for yet another award (this seems to be a recurring Wednesday theme recently…). Thanks so much to Emma @ Emma Reads for nominating me!! Emma is one of the sweetest bookworms ever so definitely check out her blog!
I’m writing this post well in advance of when it’s going to be posted, so at the moment my options are Klaus Baudelaire from A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket, Thor from Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman, and Jean Valjean from Les Misérables by Victor Hugo. This is SO difficult, but I think I would kiss Klaus, marry Jean Valjean, and kill Thor? I don’t want anything bad to happen to any of them, though!
2. Would you rather be an elegant princess/prince type character in a fairytale, or a witchy badass villain?
I know this is stereotypical, but I would rather be an elegant princess rather than a witchy villain. The dress! The romance! The singing! (I’m thinking of Tangled here, people!)
3. You fall into a pit of acid or get bit by an exotic spider or into a verbal altercation with a wizard, and you’re given the power to pull things out of books. Which book are you reaching into first???
WHOA these questions are escalating quickly! The image of a “verbal altercation with a wizard” is hilarious, so let’s go with that scenario. I would probably try to pull out a pie and then throw it in their face because that’s funny and delicious yet simultaneously passive aggressive.
THIS QUESTION. It’s so difficult to choose from books you haven’t read yet because you have no idea whether or not you will actually enjoy it… but I guess I would choose A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin because then it would force me to finally read start this series.
5. Link your favorite blog post of yours!
No specific favorite post comes to mind; however, I do really enjoy writing the Classic Couple series in which I pair classic literature with contemporary counterparts. More posts in this series coming your way!
6. Which Hogwarts house would you most want to be in, and which do you want to be in least?
I would want to be in Gryffindor the most because I really admire bravery and loyalty, and I would want to be in Slytherin the least because its traits are the least important to me. (For reference, I generally consider myself a Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff).
7. Would you rather have a pet unicorn or grow a mermaid’s tail when you touch water?
MERMAID’S TAIL. FOREVER AND ALWAYS.
8. The last book you gave 5 stars and the last book you gave 1 star?
I actually stopped rating books on my blog and Goodreads a while ago. Click here to read my post explaining my reasoning.
My go-to answer to this is usually Jenny Han. After not being very impressed with the trilogy starting with The Summer I Turned Pretty I’m just never in the mood to try any of her other books.
10. Show you’re currently watching, or last one you watched?
This past term I started watching the first few episodes of Jane the Virgin and it is WILD. I definitely want to continue watching it when I have the time!
11. Picture this: You’re at the altar, about to say “I do” to Cornelius (or Cornelia) Wainwright III, a disgraced businessperson who is only marrying you for your chocolate factory fortune. You dramatically say “I can’t do this” – which fictional character or celebrity do you confess your love to instead?
WOW, what a question! To be honest, I would probably confess my love to Aragorn from Lord of the Rings.
- Allie @ The Perks of Being a Book Freak
- Norees @ No Reads Too Great
- Zoie @ Whisked Away By Words
- Sarah @ Written Word Worlds
- Kara @ Bernard’s Book Blog
I’m going to pass along Emma’s questions because they were so much fun to answer.
Thanks again to Emma for nominating me and providing the most hilarious, thought-provoking, creative questions for me to answer! ❤
What are your answers to these questions? What do you think of mine? Let me know in the comments section below!