Happy Tuesday!! This week’s Top Ten Tuesday topic (hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl) is a freebie which means we can share a list about any topic. I thought it might be nice to take a break from books for a bit and talk about something else that I love: my polaroid camera. If you’re ever around me on a day-to-day basis (especially while abroad) you’ll quickly learn that I carry my polaroid camera with me almost everywhere I go, except to lectures and tutorials. I’ve had my polaroid camera (a Fujifilm instax mini) for quite some time now, and at this point it’s basically become an additional limb. Here are ten reasons why I love my polaroid camera:
1. Convenient. I’ve always been a fan of having physical, printed out photos. Before getting a polaroid camera I would sift through all of the photos on my phone or computer and get them printed out at the store. Having photos print out instantly from this camera is so much more convenient!
2. Easily transportable. Having a camera that is easily transportable is important, especially when you’re traveling abroad and want to pack as minimally as possible. I love how small and surprisingly durable this camera is– mine has definitely seen better days, but it’s still going strong!
3. Easy to use. This camera is quite easy to use because it tells you exactly what setting to take each photo at according to how much light there is. An easy-to-use camera comes in handy if you tend to ask other people to take photos for you.
4. CUTE. Okay, let’s be honest: isn’t this camera adorable? And aren’t the tiny photos it prints out so cute? (I’m also a sucker for anything in this pastel yellow color, so that might have something to do with it…)
5. Exciting. When you take a photo with a polaroid camera you never really know how well it will come out. Some of my photos are definitely better than others, but the excitement of waiting to see how it develops is worth it. The results can be hilarious!
6. Artsy photos. Polaroid photos are simply begging to be photographed. I love taking pictures of polaroids against a beautiful background. They come out so much better than against my desk or wall!
7. Decorating. A main reason I love taking photos with this camera is that they make the best decorations, especially in a dull dorm room. I love looking at my bulletin board and being reminded of all of my friends and family back home. It instantly makes my room feel more cozy and welcoming.
8. Creating your own souvenirs. This point is particularly relevant when you’re studying abroad or traveling in general. Polaroid cameras are certainly not the cheapest way of taking photos, but it can balance out if you use them to create your own souvenirs from places your visit instead of buying random touristy keychains, postcards, etc.
9. They make great gifts. I first fell in love with polaroid cameras when one of my friends gave me a photo of us for my birthday one year. Giving people photos is always so fun!
10. Tangible memories. As I mentioned earlier, I’ve always loved printing out photos because it’s an easy way to keep physical records of fun, exciting, and beautiful moments. Polaroid cameras are so ideal for this!
Do you have a polaroid camera? What’s your favorite kind of way to take photos? Let me know in the comments section below!