What better way to celebrate summertime than with the Sunshine Blogger Award? Usually I would post a book review on Thursdays, but I’m quite behind on scheduling posts in advance due to the chaos of moving back to the States. I was lucky enough to be nominated by the fab Andrea @ Andrea’s Nirvana— definitely check out her lovely blog!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post/or on your blog.
I haven’t rated books for a long time (see this post I wrote a while back explaining why) but one of the best books I read recently was The Lost World by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I had no idea that THIS WAS THE INSPIRATION FOR JURASSIC PARK?!?!
2. How do you organize your bookshelves?
Right now they’re a MESS because I haven’t had a chance to properly organize them since returning from my year abroad; however, ideally I like to organize them by genre.
3. Print, e-book or audiobook? Why?
Definitely print! I love the feeling of holding a book in my hands and the fact that it allows me to be separated from technology. I do enjoy listening to audio books while walking around, cooking, cleaning, etc., though. E-books are usually my last resort.
4. What is your favorite bookish post to write?
I really enjoy writing Classic Couple posts because they’re so fun and always spark really great discussions. They also allow me to combine my two favorite loves: classic literature and contemporary connections.
5. Dream reading nook?
What a fun question! Definitely one outside in the woods, preferably in the middle of summer when it’s warm enough to sit outside for ages. Perhaps a tree house?
6. How much does it take you to read, say, 100 pages?
Depending on the font size/how much I like the book/how focused I am, usually an hour and a half or less. (Maybe? That’s a really rough guess!)
7. Do you prefer series or standalones at the moment?
Standalones! When I was younger I used to always prefer series, but now I really appreciate a book that is satisfying on its own without the need to drag the plot on for books and books and books.
8. How do you deal with reading slumps?
Usually the same way I deal with blogging slumps: I take a break and then come back to it whenever I’ve started to genuinely miss doing it. The more I force myself to read when I’m not in the mood, the worse the slump gets!
9. How many books are you currently reading?
I’m currently in the middle of three or four books, if you count audio books that I’ve left unfinished. Who knows when I’ll actually get around to reading all of them?
10. Does it come easy for you to unhaul books?
NO. I adore most of the books I own and therefore getting rid of them is always a lengthy process of me repeatedly trying to convince myself that getting rid of books just makes space for EVEN MORE (a win-win, right?!).
My favorite booktuber is definitely Ariel Bissett. I’ve loved her videos for so long! ❤
I’m going to ask these lovely bloggers the same questions that Andrea asked me because they were a blast to answer.
- MoMo @ Remnants of Wit
- Life With All The Books
- The Candid Cover
- Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian
- Michelle @ Book Adventures
Thanks again to Andrea for nominating me! ❤ What are your answers to these questions? What do you think of mine? Let me know in the comments section below!