What’s this?! My first monthly wrap-up of 2019?!?! I know it’s been a while, but I’m so happy to say that I’m back! May has certainly been a time…
- The Happiness Advantage by Shawn Achor
- Food by Gertrude Stein
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
- Mary Poppins Opens the Door by P.L. Travers
My favorite book this month was To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han. I watched the movie over spring break with some friends and loved it, and I think that positive memory definitely shaped this reading experience too. I’m excited to read the rest of the series at some point this summer! Review coming soon.
+ TO WATCH: The only thing I actually watched this month was the new Avengers: Endgame, and let me tell you: what a RIDE. I cried basically throughout the entire thing, especially at the end. (If you’ve seen it, you know what I mean!) It’s strange to think that this means goodbye to some of the characters I’ve grown up with, but there’s also an exciting silver lining: new characters! New stories! An ever-evolving and changing franchise! Definitely recommend watching it if you’re a Marvel fan.
+ TO LISTEN TO: In light of some things that happened recently in my personal life, I’ve opted not to listen to music on my commute back and forth to work every day (can’t get too emotional with those memories…). Instead, I’ve been listening to audiobooks, which has been really nice. Not only do I get a lot of reading done, but it also makes the ride go by a lot quicker.
+ TO EAT: Recently I made lemon and ginger cookies and they are so good. I used this recipe and they were super easy to bake. Will definitely be making these again soon!
+ TO GO: For the last time as a student, I’m going to have to say Wheaton College in Norton, Massachusetts. I’ve made such incredible friends there and have so many amazing memories of this tiny campus.
May was a rollercoaster of emotional ups and downs for me. I successfully defended my honors thesis, graduated from Wheaton College with a BA in English, and said goodbye (or “see you later!” as I like to think of it!) to so many of my close friends. I’ve also recently went through some pretty $#!tty stuff in my personal life, which is not fun. But thanks to the help of my family and friends (and my love for books!) I’m getting through slowly but surely. So in lieu of me going into any details, please enjoy these photos of my month of May!
Here are some posts from other bloggers that I’ve loved this month:
- Carrie created this guide to instagram hashtags for book bloggers
- Marcelle debates whether or not to read big Russian books (with memes!)
- Sarah shares interesting bookish interactions that she’s had with strangers
- Marta gives helpful tips on how to be a book blogger on a budget
- Jessica shares fun superlatives for a large cast of YA characters
- Shar reflects on global politics (something not usually talked about in the book blogging sphere)
- Mary outlines her exciting (and HUGE) Tolkien project
Here are some notable posts from my blog this past month:
- 5 Books that Influenced Me as a College Senior
- Books I Wished I Had Been Assigned to Read as an English Major
- Summer 2019 TBR List
- 5 Questions to Help Get Rid of Books
How was your month of May? What was the best book you read? Did you do anything really fun or exciting? Let me know in the comments section below!