Hope you’re all having a lovely Friday! Today I’m here with perhaps the longest tag I’ve ever done–the 30 Interesting Questions Tag. Thanks so much to Jamieson @ Jamishelves for tagging me!
1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called?
I don’t have many nicknames because my name is already pretty short. Sometimes friends will call me by my last name or call me “Hollister,” but that’s usually the extent of it. I’ve always wanted a really steady nickname though!
2. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like?
I only tend to doodle when I’m not taking notes during a lecture, and usually I just doodle hearts in the margins. Sometimes I’ll branch out and do some flowers, but hearts are my go-to.
3. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and turn? Try to get up and do something productive?
I’m not someone who naps or falls asleep easily, so this is a pretty common occurrence for me. Usually I watch a Youtube video or listen to an audiobook for a while and it does the trick.
4. Do people consider you to be talkative or quiet?
Definitely depends on the setting and the people! Around friends and family I tend to talk a lot, but around strangers I’m generally on the quiet side until I get to know them better.
5. What makes you cry?
A lot! I cry really easily in movies and when I’m talking about emotional things. Sometimes you just need a quick cry and then everything feels ten times better!
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
There are a lot I could choose from, but I think I’m going to go with selfishness and all of its manifestations: not valuing other people’s time, not taking someone else’s opinions or needs into consideration, not stopping to think how your actions might be affecting others, etc.
7. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror?
Usually just when I’m getting ready or brushing my hair.
8. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
When I was younger I called my dog Gloria the Lawyer because she always used to try to “convince” me to give her a snack.
9. What is the guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?
Probably Instagram! Definitely a time-suck.
10. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know?
11. How often do you read the newspaper? Which sections?
Definitely not as often as I should or as I would like to. Instead, I usually listen to The Daily, a podcast done by the New York Times. It’s not a super effective substitute for reading the news, but at least it gives me a bit of an update of what’s going on.
12. Which animal scares you the most?
13. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage with it?
If it’s a topic that I’m really passionate about or something that is unjust or harmful to someone, then I’ll jump in; however, I pick my battles when it comes to getting involved with petty drama.
14. What is the most recent compliment you’ve received?
My evil dog licked my knee today, which I feel like is a milestone in and of itself.
15. What question are you tired of hearing?
“Do you know what kind of law you’re going to practice?”
16. What is the strangest thing you have eaten?
Because of my nut allergy I tend to not be a very adventurous eater; however, I did eat haggis when I was abroad in England!
17. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends?
A few very close friends! I’ve always felt better in smaller, more intimate groups of people.
18. Do you have a catchphrase?
I say “It’s a time” and “It’s a mood’ way too often.
19. What’s your all-time favorite town or city? Why?
My hometown in New Hampshire will always hold a special place in my heart, as will Oxford, England (where I studied abroad for a year).
20. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
I really love my first name, so I wouldn’t be keen to change it! But if I had to, I would probably pick Melody, which was the name of my first dog.
21. When was the last time you lied?
Probably when a stranger asked me how I was.
22. What’s something that amazes you?
Mountains! They’re so big! And beautiful!
23. Would you rather be the first person to explore a planet or be the inventor of a drug that cures a deadly disease?
Probably the inventor of a drug that cures a deadly disease. I feel like exploring a new planet would create more problems for us than solutions!
24. What is your favorite amateur activity?
Like hobby? I love knitting and crafting in general. I’m trying to get more into cross-stitching, too.
25. What was your first thought when you got up this morning?
26. What is your favorite song (at least at the moment)?
Such a hard question! I’ve been listening to a lot of ABBA lately, so probably “When I Kissed the Teacher.”
27. List someone you know and describe them in five words.
My Wheaton friends: wise, supportive, hilarious, creative, thoughtful.
28. You can select one person from history and have them truthfully answer one question. Who would you select and what would the question be?
Abigail Adams: Best advice for women?
29. Which celebrity or artist do you resemble the most?
Oh god, I have no idea! Maybe a younger Hermione on days when my hair is a disaster?
30. What do you want me to know?
Who I tag!!
Phew! That was a long one! What are your answers to some of these questions? What do you think of mine? Let me know in the comments section below!