What better way to celebrate being halfway through the week than with a good Sunshine Blogger Award? Thanks so much to Jenna @ Bookmark Your Thoughts for tagging me!!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post/or on your blog.
I feel like Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta will always be my answer to this question. I picked this book randomly off a shelf in the Young Adult section of my local public library when I was in middle school (or early high school?) just because the cover was pretty–little did I know that it would become one of my favorite books! I always get excited when someone says they’ve also read this gem.
2. Describe the best food you’ve ever read about in a book.
Probably the food in Harry Potter because it all sounds so delicious and magical.
3. Would you rather be a character in a whimsical magical tale or an epic space opera?
Definitely a whimsical magical tale–sounds a lot more relaxing to me!
4. If you could change something about your favorite book, what would you change?
Oooh this question is asking me to choose a favorite book, too?!?! Impossible!! No matter what my favorite book is, I’d say that I would make it longer so it wouldn’t have to end so soon.
5. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging when I was fourteen (so long ago!!) because I wanted a place to keep track of all my book reviews. I had no idea that there was such a huge online bookish community, or that I would soon find myself right in the middle of it!
6. What is your most controversial bookish opinion?
Probably that I love annotating books. I know some people really don’t like writing or highlighting in their books, but I think it adds such a nice personal touch and helps me keep track of my thoughts as I read. (I wrote a whole post about books I’ve annotated!)
7. Personal library or public library?
Having a huge personal library used to be my dream, but nowadays I find myself only wanting to own physical copies of books that are really special to me or that have become my favorites. I’m currently trying to declutter my room, and keeping only the books that I absolutely love is a good start!
8. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
9. What book character would you name a pet after? (and what kind of animal is the pet?)
I would love to name a cat Minerva! (If only I wasn’t allergic…)
10. Where would you go if you could go anywhere within driving distance (like 5 hours max) right now?
To visit friends!! I miss my college friends so much ❤
11. Who is your book boyfriend (or girlfriend)?
I don’t think I really have one–although I’ve always had a soft spot for Aragorn…
- Confessions of a YA Reader
- Not Just Fiction
- Naty’s Bookshelf
- Musings of a Confuzzled Reader
- Reading Through Infinity
- Dini Panda Reads
- Upside-Down Books
- Confessions of a Book Geek
- Paperbacks and Planners
- The Inky Saga
- Howling Libraries
- Favorite place to read?
- Favorite music?
- Favorite food?
- Favorite city you’ve visited?
- Favorite place you’ve lived?
- Favorite shoes?
- Favorite candle scent?
- Favorite color to wear?
- Favorite time of day?
- Favorite animal?
- Favorite season?
What are your answers to these questions? What do you think of mine? Let me know in the comments section below!