Happy Tuesday! This week’s Top Ten Tuesday topic (hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl) is to share ten things I’d have at my bookish party. Well, I’ve got a bit of a twist on that…
Greetings! You are cordially invited to attend my bookish party, which promises to be an event of much bookish fanfare and literary laughs. However, admittance is strictly enforced based on guests’ promises to adhere to the following ten rules:
1. You must adhere to the party theme. Dress like your favorite author? Embody a book cover in costume? A classic Great Gatsby vibe? Whatever the theme of the party is, you must come dressed to impress.
2. You must bring a book for the book swap. What’s a bookish party without a little book swap? This could be the latest, most hyped new release or the secondhand copy of a beloved classic that you bought ages ago at a thrift store. Any and all books are welcome!
3. You must know the secret password. Like any good party, there’s a secret password that is an answer to a bookish riddle. Better call Bilbo Baggins and brush up on your riddle skills…
4. You must be prepared to talk about books. But fret not!! Not in a snobby, how-have-you-not-read-this-book way, but in an oh-my-god-I-loved-this-book-so-much way.
5. You must be prepared to play book-themed party games. Bobbing for bookmarks? Pin the tail on the hippogriff? Literary limbo? The possibilities are endless.
6. You must chat with at least one new bookworm. The best part of a bookish community are the bookworms themselves! I challenge all of my guests to branch out of their comfort zones and talk to someone they’ve never met before.
7. The dance-floor must remain a judgment-free zone. No one likes feeling judged while they dance their heart out to their favorite bop.
8. You must be kind, respectful, courteous, and compassionate to all party-goers. This one should be a given.
9. You must take a book from the book swap as you leave. Bring a book, take a book–it’s only fair!
10. HAVE FUN!!!
I hope you’ve enjoyed my take on this week’s topic! What rules would you set for your bookish party? Have you ever been to or thrown a bookish party? Let me know in the comments section below!