In 2020, I’m challenging myself to get more involved in the blogging community. I’ve decided that one way I can do this is to do some shout outs to posts I really enjoy or that make me think. Right now I’m aiming to do this every other Sunday or so. There are so many amazing posts out there and I would love if they could reach more people through the grape vine! Lately, I’ve very much enjoyed:
- Reading or Rushing? How to better pace yourself with all the books | Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books. In this post, Marie talks about how book blogging can sometimes make you feel like you have to rush through as many books as you possibly can. However, she emphasizes the importance and value of taking your time to actually enjoy, savor, and think about what you read.
- Things 2019 Taught Me | Nikki @ The Night Is Dark and Full of Books. In this post, Nikki talks about bookish things she learned in 2019, such as her reading tastes, how to read more, and how to blog consistently. I particularly enjoyed her advice on how to blog more consistently, as that is something I’m looking to do in 2020.
- Trends I Think We’ll See in Book Blogging in 2020 | Briana @ Pages Unbound Reviews. In this post, Briana talks about the book blogging trends she things will take off in 2020. Her points about there possibly being fewer and fewer book bloggers as well as a greater emphasis on graphics this year were really interesting (and, I think, true!).
- Weekend Update – 4 Jan 2020 | Penny @ Read Yourself Happy. In this post, Penny talks about burnout and how it has affected her book blogging. Her determination to prevent burnout in 2020 really resonated with me because I also have a tendency to bite off a bit more than I can chew…
- 4 years of being a creator on Instagram, what I’ve learnt, my struggles and successes | Beth @ Books Nest. In this post, Beth talks about how she’s grown her bookstagram over the course of the past four years. She has so many helpful tips–if you have a bookstagram, definitely go check this post out!
I hope you enjoy these posts as much as I have! Which posts have you been loving lately? Which kinds of blog posts tend to be your favorites? Let me know in the comments section below.