In 2020, I’m challenging myself to get more involved in the blogging community. I’ve decided that one way I can do this is to do some shout outs to posts I really enjoy or that make me think. Right now I’m aiming to do this every other Sunday or so. There are so many amazing posts out there and I would love if they could reach more people through the grape vine! Lately, I’ve very much enjoyed:
- Things I Wish Were Found in YA Lit More | Ashley at The Infinite Library. In this post, Ashley lists several things she wishes were emphasized in young adult literature more often. This list is great because it really makes you realize just how much is lacking in young adult literature a lot of the time.
- Why I will (and won’t) read your blog | Marie @ Drizzle and Hurricane Books. In this post, Marie talks about how she chooses which blogs to read with her limited blog hopping time. I adore how open, honest, and transparent this post is, and it’s something that I really related to. We all only have so much time in the day, which unfortunately means that we can’t read all the blog posts. It’s interesting to see how other people narrow down what they read.
- An Adventure in Tolkien: The Hobbit | Mary @ Mary and the Words. In this post, Mary gushes over The Hobbit and I loved every word of it. Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, and I just can’t get enough of Mary’s enthusiasm in this post.
- Recommending one book for every musical I loved in 2019 | Clara @ The bookworm of Notre Dame. In this post, Clara talks about musicals she loves and books that remind her of them. I love posts where people mix multiple interests that they’re passionate about, and Clara does this wonderfully.
- 8 Bookish opinions I changed my mind about | C.G. @ Paper Fury. In this post, she talks about bookish opinions she used to hold but now no longer does. She covers some pretty controversial bookish topics, too.
- Let’s talk about book reviews: Do you read reviews of books you haven’t heard of? | Georgiana @ Readers’ High Tea. In this post, Georgiana discusses how she doesn’t often read book reviews if she hasn’t read the book first unless she recognizes the book or author. I’m a similar way, but I’ve never seen someone write about it before until this post!
I hope you enjoy these posts as much as I have! Which posts have you been loving lately? Which kinds of blog posts tend to be your favorites? Let me know in the comments section below.
Leave a Reply