Hello, bookworms! I hope everyone is having a great March so far! Today I’m back to recommend some posts that I’ve really enjoyed lately. Here are some fantastic posts that I’ve come across:
- Literary Fiction I Actually Like | The Orangutan Librarian. This post shares several works of literary fiction that the blogger actually enjoys, as someone who doesn’t normally like literary fiction. Since I love literary fiction, I was really intrigued to see what was on this list. They picked some great ones to recommend!
- Let’s Talk: Book Marketing Trends, Good and Bad | The Infinite Library. In this post, Ashley evaluates several marketing trends (pre-order bonuses, author spotlights, the “If You’re a Fan of” comparisons, etc.) and talks about how effective they are in reality. Bookish marketing trends aren’t really something I think a whole lot about, so this post was really interesting to read!
- My Reading Tastes are Changing and I Feel Weird About It | Green Tea & Paperbacks. In this post, Laura talks about how she can feel her reading taste changing from liking mostly YA to liking something that has yet to be identified. I really appreciated this post because I think it’s something that we can all relate to at one point or another.
- 5 Things I learned from my time in Sweden with my mom | The busy shelf. In this post, Anda talks about a trip she recently took to Sweden with her mom and shares some lovely stories and photos. It’s just such a sweet post and took me right back to my study abroad days. It’s safe to say that I might be missing traveling….
- Assigned Reading: Does Having to Read Something Take Away from the Joy of Reading? | Sunlight and Stories. In this post, Emma discusses whether or not being assigned to read something inherently makes reading it less enjoyable. As someone who (for the most part) really enjoyed what I was assigned to read for my English lit degree, I was really intrigued to see what she conclusion she landed on.
- Pretty Books that I Don’t Know the Plot Of | Paper Procrastinators. In this post, Malka and Chana do exactly what the title of this post suggests: they talk about pretty book covers without knowing anything about the books. It’s a really fun and interesting look at the assumptions we often make about books before even picking them up.
I hope you enjoy these posts as much as I have! Which posts have you been loving lately? Which kinds of blog posts tend to be your favorites? Let me know in the comments section below.
Leave a Reply